Having had been involved in drugs and alcohol since age 11 through 2007, my life basically changed in two very major ways. I’d love to share that with you all.
First of all, I’m FREE! I have no worries about addiction or temptations that could take me back to that horrific darkness. Jesus Christ set me FREE for life! The Bible says, “Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed”. God doesn’t lie because He can’t. It isn’t His nature. He can only tell the truth. I never take my freedom for granted. I love the clarity of mind I have and my ability to multi-task in any situation. It feels so awesome not to be dependent on drugs and having to plan my life around getting high. I will always be grateful to God, His Word and the Holy Spirit. He gave me my life back and it’s better than ever.
Secondly, my life changed forever in another way. Since I was so young when drugs came into my life, it has been a bit of a rough ride with emotions. The drugs aborted my ability to balance my emotions as a child of just 11. I need to work hard trying to figure that out. I don’t know if that will ever change. My emotions are a challenge that I don’t understand – even after 10+ years of freedom. It’s a consequence of my drugging that may never be able to be erased. It’s one of the hazards of addiction.
- I have learned not to allow my past to meet my today or my future. I keep them apart. The only thing I do is reflect on my past as a learning experience so that addiction will never affect me again. It’s like glancing into your rear view mirror – you don’t keep staring at it or you’ll get into an accident; you just use it for reflection.
- I have learned to appreciate and love myself. I used to hate myself and always had this inner desire to die. I tried to end my life 3 times as a young woman. Since my addiction ended, I absolutely LOVE life, serving God and helping others in their recovery.
- I make good decisions! Decisions used to be a problem for me when I was drugging. I would decide one thing and then do another. I just couldn’t figure things out. Since my addiction ended, my lucidity with decision making is spectacular.
- I embrace each day as a gift!
- I can ‘feel’.
- I am fearless! This is from the Lord. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of Power, and of Love, and of a Sound Mind” (2 Tim 1:7).
- I won’t and never give up! My endurance and tenacity are through the roof.
- Faith. My faith is so unshakable… so strong… so powerful… so real.
- I wish I could infuse each of you who are struggling with what I’ve learned.
Faith based compassionate Recovery from the comfort of home. CLICK HERE.